Saturday, January 22, 2011

First Rain, Now the Mud

Here are some updated photos of what our friends are dealing with at God's Town, Philippines. As Linda said they even make mud look good, they are such beautiful people.  By their smiles, even in the midst of cleaning up after this disaster, they just have beautiful spirits and deal with whatever they must. I'm not sure how much I'd be smiling let alone laughing among this muck! And I'll remind you, unlike here there is no FEMA, no Red Cross to their rescue or recovery, they are basically on their own.

I still don't know about little Ming Ming the cat, I did learn they lost their new puppy.  I'm also yet to learn about what "things" they lost; appliances etc.  If I also find out, which I suspect might be the case, I'd like to raise some funds to replace any of their entertainment items they might have lost; TV, DVD player, Sebio's drums, Dan's guitar etc. Linda is going over in March so I plan to send some money to replace any of those types of items. I know they may not seem like a high priority but personally I feel, they are kids and should have things that make them happy and entertain them.

Here are the latest photos....

That appears to be Abraham (left) Sebio (right).
Notice the makeshift tools in several of the photos.
















Dan & Eric cleaning and repairing a bed.














Someone said Emma must be an Angel and a
happy one at that!




Eric (left) and Sebio (right)

Jacob doing a bit of surveying it appears.


Appears everything that could be salvaged has
to be cleaned and probably all by hand.
Emma just soldiers on, probably with a smile.

And seriously, would you be laughing?
Not sure I would!


1 comment:

  1. SO EXCITED, but didn't want to start a new post, I just found out the balikbayan box Aaron and I shipped over in Nov. arrived this past Sat. (1/22) With what I was told I didn't think it would get there til Feb. but this couldn't have come at a better time. And thankfully it arrived after the flooding. Hopefully all the items we packed, food, clothes, toiletries etc will be helpful. YEAH...this news made my day.

    ReplyDelete