Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baby Duck is Back in the USA

This will be a short post because I think I'm still feeling the effects of jet lag, but wanted to say the 3 of us returned home safe and sound from our far off trip. We got in Friday evening to Newark Airport which sounds strange when you figure we left from the Philippines at about 7am on Friday but with the time difference we basically traveled back in time!! It was good to be home with Aaron and Sammy but sad to leave my 2 travel companions and especially the children and staff at God's Town.

I have a ton of stories to tell, not to mention pictures, about our travels, meeting Sebio, his co-children and the staff at God's Town. While the trip really tested me in many ways, it did also give me a tremendous appreciation for what we have here in our country. I definately won't be taking things like running water and consistent electricity for granted any more.

Fair warning that some of the upcoming posts will tug at your heart and others may make you laugh so hard you'll pee your pants! I will end for now by saying I met some amazing, hard working and caring individuals and created bonds with people, although they are half way around the world from us not so very different.

1 comment:

  1. It's taken me a while to get back to reading your blog, but I'm looking forward to hearing your stories about your trip!

    ReplyDelete